Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pretzel Brownies

Carrie & Hunter's birthday party was yesterday and so I needed to whip something together real quick, I was kind of feeling blah yesterday morning. I was rushed when it was time to go so I literally pulled them out of the oven and left, so I didn't get a chance to take a good picture/cut them. (Carrie, if you're reading this, I still need to come by and pick up the pan!) I think I should've crushed the pretzels a little bit more because it kind of fell apart or maybe the crust needed to bake a little bit more (I pulled it out before 10 minutes were up because it started smelling like it was burning) so if someone's trying this, please let me know how yours turns out. Either way, Carrie and the rest of the party loved them! :)

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups pretzels
  • 3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • brownie mix (and all the ingredients it calls for)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Grease a 13x9 inch pan well.
  3. Crush the pretzels until small but not into powder. (I put them in a plastic ziplock bag and then ran a rolling pin on it until they were completely crushed.)
  4. Mix the crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl until completely combined.
  5. Press the mixture into the baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust has set.
  6. Cool the baked pretzel crust in the refrigerator.
  7. Make the brownie mix according to package directions.
  8. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
  9. Carefully spread the batter over the cooled pretzel crust.
  10. Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes.

    Sorry for the bad picture. They were good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment