Monday, September 24, 2012

Baked Ziti

I loved Baked Ziti, it's always my go to when I go out to eat. I was in the mood for Italian (like always), but last night Jon was working late so I made dinner so we didn't have to go out. This was soo easy and so yummy! And, it had cheese. One night, Jon and I went to Three Brothers for dinner--the baked ziti there comes with a salad. I asked for no cheese on my salad...and there was extra cheese on my salad but no cheese on my baked ziti. haha I guess now I don't have to go out for it! As usual, I served it with corn and garlic bread.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package (16 oz) package ziti pasta
  • 24 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rince.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzzarella ccheese, egg, and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
  4. Lightly grease a baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. 
  5. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by parmesan cheese.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes covered.
  7. Uncover in the last 5 minutes and switch the oven to broil. Broil just until the cheese browns.


Sooooo good!










No comments:

Post a Comment