Still on my pasta kick, I figured I should add some protein to the mix. This recipe was so easy! I actually made this for dinner the other day but Jon got sick and didn't come over for dinner so I threw this in the freezer. I let it defrost in the fridge while I was at work and it was ready to go by night. I did add some more sauce though because I thought it needed more, maybe I added too much in the end, but it was still great!
Ingredients:
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I loveee Ragu garden vegetable)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ lb uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
Directions:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix pasta sauce and water.
- Spread about 1/3 of the pasta sauce mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary.
- Place shells on pasta sauce in baking dish.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Cover with foil.
- Bake about 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center and shells are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Broil on high uncovered about 5 minutes or
until cheese is slightly browned.
Sorry, this one had a lot of sauce on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment