Monday, February 6, 2012

Ravioli Bake

So I kind of felt bad that the girls were there while I was still trying to prep food (that and my hair was still soaking wet since I had just gotten out of the shower and threw clothes on) but this recipe was also super fast that I was able to go sit and eat apps with them while it was baking. Best part about it is that they liked it so not only did I make dinner, but the future stay at home mom in me also packed them lunches to take to work. :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 jars of whatever spaghetti sauce you like
  • 1 big pack of frozen ravioli (I used cheese kind since Cristina was supposed to come and is vegetarian but use whatever kind you want. I bought the big bag from Costco.)
  • 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Pour half a jar of sauce into the bottom of a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
  3. Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer on top of the sauce.
  4. Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the frozen ravioli.
  5. Arrange the last half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer on top of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
  6. Spread the last cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the frozen ravioli.
  7. Spread the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese evenly on top.
  8. Cover the entire dish and bake for 40 minutes.
  9. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until it's bubbly on top and hot in the middle.
  10. Serve with corn and garlic bread. (Well, that's what we did. :))
I completely forgot to take a picture before I cut into the center of the casserole so that's why this is ugly. I couldn't serve a pretty piece either to make up for it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment