Monday, February 6, 2012

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread

Since I was so productive Saturday morning at 5am, I decided I could be lazy yesterday and play on Pinterest all morning before Church. I had to figure out what to make for Jon & Sarah's Superbowl party and this was one of the first recipes I had pinned so I figured I'd give it a try! It was actually pretty easy. I baked it for the first 15 minutes at my house and then brought it to Jon & Sarah's to finish baking so it was warm when I served it. They loved it!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 round sourdough loaf (I used whole wheat...convinced myself that makes this good for you)
  • 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3 oz bag of real bacon bits (not the imitation kind)
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cut the loaf crisscross but not all the way to the bottom--it should stay in one piece. Place on top of aluminum foil and then in a dish (I used a 9 inch round cake pan).
  3. Fill the crevices with all of the cheddar cheese.
  4. Fill all the crevices with the bacon bits and on top too. 
  5. Mix the melted butter with 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing mix and pour in the crevices and all over the top of the bread.
  6. Cover it all with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
  7. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or when the cheese is bubbly.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment