Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies

I was walking around Costco a couple days ago and stumbled upon 96 ounces of peanut butter. Then, I got a craving for peanut butter cookies (this is why you shouldn't go shopping hungry) so I bought it. I couldn't sleep last night so I stayed up baking, as usual. I accidentally doubled the butter so then I had to make a double batch of cookies...6 dozen. 

And Kathy Makinen is right--Pinterest has made it seem lazy to just bring a plate of cookies to someone's house. Sooo, I decided to then dip them in chocolate!

Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe (thanks to the back of the Market Pantry brown sugar bag)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 package of Wilton chocolate candy melts
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix together sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and egg.
  3. Blend in the flour and baking soda slowly.
  4. Shape dough into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. (I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper so it's easier to clean.)
  5. Bake for 8 minutes. 
  6. Once the cookies are completely cooled, melt the candy melts and dip.

Picture of the cookie while it was cooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment