Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops

I can't sleep so naturally, I started playing on Pinterest seeing what I could make. I had bought double stuffed oreos a month ago to make these oreo pops and I thought it would be easy! Unfortunately, they were a lot harder than they look. 
Ingredients:
  • 1 pack double stuffed oreos
  • popsicle sticks
  • Wilton white chocolate melts
  • sprinkles
  • treat bags
  • curling ribbon
Directions:
  1. Separate all of the oreos. (A lot harder than you think. 1/3 of the oreos broke but I learned that if you gently wedge a popsicle stick in the middle it works better.)
  2. Using the technique I learned from the cake pops, I melted some chocolate melts and dipped the end of a popsicle stick in it and then put the oreos back together. The melted chocolate will harden and help the oreos stay together. 
  3. Dip the entire oreo pop in melted chocolate until it's fully covered. 
  4. Hold upside down until almost dry.
  5. Sprinkle.
  6. Place right side up in a styrofoam block to dry completely.
  7. Then, package and tie! 
Here they are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment