Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

Jon is not a fan of green vegetables. I think it's weird since he's a grown man, but I was convinced I could get him to eat green beans. After searching around on Pinterest, I found this recipe. It was perfect! He liked it. :)

Ingredients:
  • 24 fresh green beans
  • 2 bacon strips cut in half
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce    
Directions:
  1. Place beans in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until crisp/tender. 
  2. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels.  
  3. Drain beans and place 6 onto each bacon strip. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. 
  4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.  
  5. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, and soy sauce.
  6. Brush over bundles.
  7. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.   

    I could eat these all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment