Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Smores Brownies

Since I had so much time in between the various red velvet cake pop steps, I decided to tackle another recipe: smores brownies. Again, I read up on a couple different kinds of smores brownies and decided to incorporate a little of both.

Ingredients:
  • 2 packs of graham crackers
  • 1/4 granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 bag of marshmallows (I used the big ones, the little ones would be easier)
  • brownie mix and all the ingredients it calls for (I used Duncan Hines again)
Directions:
  1. Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. I left them in the package and just banged on them.
  2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and butter and mix well.
  3. Line a cake pan with aluminum foil.
  4. Pour the graham cracker mix into the pan and make an even layer.
  5. Put the pan into an oven at 350 for 5 minutes.
  6. While the crust is in the oven, prepare the brownie mix according to the box instructions.
  7. Pour the brownie mix on top of the graham cracker crust and bake for one minute less than the instructions on the box.
  8. Take the brownies out and cover with marshmallows.
  9. Turn the oven on broil.
  10. Place smores into the oven for one minute (don't leave it alone!) so they can brown.
Cutting these were a pain...I almost cried because it started getting ugly. Let the brownies cool completely before you try to cut them (I waited overnight). After each cut, run the knife under cool water.


Nick and his employees ate them all before I remembered to get a picture of them, so here's a picture of the corner piece I had at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment